Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My cousin came up with this while at Culinary school in France. It's awesome with fresh produce in the summer and a great Brunch hit
- 150 g/ 5oz gluten-free flour
- 50 g/ 2oz gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 100 g/ 4oz aubergines
- 1 small red onion, peeled and in wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g/ 4oz courgettes, cut into chunks
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (397 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 25 g/ 1oz pitted black olives
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6.
- For the pastry, sift the flours and salt together then rub in the Pure until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the water 1 tbsp at a time and mix to a soft dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- For the filling, melt half of the Pure in a frying pan and cook the aubergine until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the remaining Pure, onion, garlic, courgette, red pepper, thyme and oregano then fry for 5 minutes. Season then stir in the tinned tomatoes, olives and aubergine. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease four 7.5cm/3in tartlet tins with Pure. Roll out the pastry and cut out 4 circles and use to line the tins. Prick the pastry lightly with a fork and bake blind for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Fill with the ratatouille mix and divide the cherry tomatoes between the tartlets. Put back in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
This sounds wonderful - on my must try menu for the weekend! I make a aimilar recipe, so this is 100% authentic! Thanks for posting. FT:-)