Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My cousin came up with this while at Culinary school in France. It's awesome with fresh produce in the summer and a great Brunch hit
- 150 g/ 5oz gluten-free flour
- 50 g/ 2oz gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 100 g/ 4oz aubergines
- 1 small red onion, peeled and in wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g/ 4oz courgettes, cut into chunks
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (397 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 25 g/ 1oz pitted black olives
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6.
- For the pastry, sift the flours and salt together then rub in the Pure until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the water 1 tbsp at a time and mix to a soft dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- For the filling, melt half of the Pure in a frying pan and cook the aubergine until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the remaining Pure, onion, garlic, courgette, red pepper, thyme and oregano then fry for 5 minutes. Season then stir in the tinned tomatoes, olives and aubergine. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease four 7.5cm/3in tartlet tins with Pure. Roll out the pastry and cut out 4 circles and use to line the tins. Prick the pastry lightly with a fork and bake blind for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Fill with the ratatouille mix and divide the cherry tomatoes between the tartlets. Put back in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
This sounds wonderful - on my must try menu for the weekend! I make a aimilar recipe, so this is 100% authentic! Thanks for posting. FT:-)