1 hr 5 mins
Boxty is a simple to make Irish Iirish bread made with wheat flour and potatoes. This is my cousin's recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 375.
- 2Peel 4 of the potatoes and cut into even chunks.
- 3add to pot of boiling water and simmer 20 minutes.
- 4drain and cover with clean dish towel for a few minutes to absorb excess water.
- 5mash with butter until smooth.
- 6peel remaining three potatoes and grate coarsely.
- 7wrap in cheesecloth and squeeze out moisture.
- 8put grated potatoes in a large bowl with milk, half the salt, pepper, dill and caraway.
- 9beat in the mashed potatoes.
- 10stir in flour, baking powder, and remaining salt.
- 11mix into a smooth dough, adding a little more flour if too soft.
- 12knead lightly, then shape into four small, round loaves about 4 inches in diameter.
- 13mark each loaf with a large cross.
- 14bake 40 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
Nutritional Facts for Shawn-Michael's Boxty
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 684.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g