Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
We rummaged though our kitchen & conjured up this delicious dish. It is more of a "Mexy twist" Feijoada. We cooked it in the crockpot & it was very simple. The preparation time was minimal. The hardest part was waiting for it to finish cooking. As one knows, crockpotting wafts throughout your entire house.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic (chopped)
- 1 shallot, bulb (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (fresh)
- 2 bay leaves (dried)
- 2 medium yellow onions (diced into quarters)
- 2 green onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces kielbasa
- 1 lb linguica sausage (or spicy sausage)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 whole chipotle chiles (canned)
- 40 ounces black beans (We used Bush's black beans in a can for convenience, but can use dried beans if properly prepared.)
- 6 cups white rice
- Chop garlic, shallot, green onions, parsley & oregano. Dice yellow onions into quarters.
- Slice bacon, linguica & sausage into quarters.
- Pour olive oil into 14" skillet & heat on medium-high.
- Add ground beef, kielbasa, linguica, bacon, onions & shallot.
- Sautee until ground beef is browned.
- Combine ingredients into crockpot & add black beans, chipotle peppers, bay leaves, parsley & oregano.
- Mix together & turn crockpot on high for 3 hours.
- While waiting make your rice. (Add 6 cups of rice & 6 cups of water to rice cooker & set to cook.).
- Place generous portion of rice on a plate & spoon Feijoada on top. Wait 5 minutes before eating.(Very hot, let it cool.) Enjoy!