Recipe by Banriona
I got this recipe from a local hole in the wall Lebanese restaurant and tweaked it a bit. Best of both the sweet and savory worlds. As a time saver I keep a jar of this spice blend (Shawarma spice blend) on hand and just measure out 2 1/2 tsp of the combined mixture in order to make this recipe. For the frozen vegetables I use a combo of corn, peas, green beans and carrots.
- 907.18 g sweet potatoes
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground cardamom
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 907.18 g frozen mixed vegetables
- 473.18 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and quarter potatoes, boil until tender.
- while potatoes are boiling, brown ground meat until no longer pink.
- Add onion, seasonings, beef broth and worcestershire;simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until onions are crisp tender.
- Remove meat from heat and stir in frozen vegetables. Set aside.
- Mash potatoes in bowl with butter, add milk to taste.
- Place beef & veg in 9x11 casserole dish. Top with shredded cheddar.
- Spread mashed potatoes on top. Use a fork to make peaks in the potatoes if you wish.
- Bake uncovered in 400 degree F oven until bubbling and brown. (about 40 minutes).