1/2 Photos of Shawarma Spiced Shepherds Cottage Pie
I got this recipe from a local hole in the wall Lebanese restaurant and tweaked it a bit. Best of both the sweet and savory worlds. As a time saver I keep a jar of this spice blend (Shawarma spice blend) on hand and just measure out 2 1/2 tsp of the combined mixture in order to make this recipe. For the frozen vegetables I use a combo of corn, peas, green beans and carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 32 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Peel and quarter potatoes, boil until tender.
- 2while potatoes are boiling, brown ground meat until no longer pink.
- 3Add onion, seasonings, beef broth and worcestershire;simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until onions are crisp tender.
- 4Remove meat from heat and stir in frozen vegetables. Set aside.
- 5Mash potatoes in bowl with butter, add milk to taste.
- 6Place beef & veg in 9x11 casserole dish. Top with shredded cheddar.
- 7Spread mashed potatoes on top. Use a fork to make peaks in the potatoes if you wish.
- 8Bake uncovered in 400 degree F oven until bubbling and brown. (about 40 minutes).
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shawarma Spiced Shepherds Cottage Pie
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 601.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 24.7 g