Recipe by smellyvegetarian
This just came across my radar in an email from epicurious.com and I am posting it here for safekeeping. Sounds perfect for using up those abundant squash! I am altering it a bit; the original recipe calls for 1/3 c oil and an unspecified amount of parmesan.
- 44.37 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml coarse kosher salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper
- 907.18 g zucchini, trimmed
- 118.29 ml fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 59.14 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and crushed red pepper in small bowl to blend. Set dressing aside.
- Using vegetable peeler or V-slicer and working from top to bottom of each zucchini, slice zucchini into ribbons (about 1/16 inch thick). Place ribbons in large bowl. Add basil and nuts, then dressing; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Parmesan over salad.