Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This just came across my radar in an email from epicurious.com and I am posting it here for safekeeping. Sounds perfect for using up those abundant squash! I am altering it a bit; the original recipe calls for 1/3 c oil and an unspecified amount of parmesan.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 lbs zucchini, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and crushed red pepper in small bowl to blend. Set dressing aside.
- Using vegetable peeler or V-slicer and working from top to bottom of each zucchini, slice zucchini into ribbons (about 1/16 inch thick). Place ribbons in large bowl. Add basil and nuts, then dressing; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Parmesan over salad.
Delicious!!! i also used grated parm. A fabulous way to enjoy zucchini on a hot day! thank you! made for VIP veggie swap 6/11.
I was pleasantly surprised how good such a simple salad can be. Very much enjoyed for a light lunch. I used grated Parm, just as good but not as pretty as shaved. Thanks! Made for PRMR game.