Recipe by KT_Z
I saw this prepared on Giada's 'Everyday Italian' cooking show. The episode was 'Bikini Ready Dinners'. I was so intrigued I knew I had to copy the recipe somewhere safe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large carrots, trimmed and peeled (about 8 carrots)
- 2 firm pears (recommended -- D'Anjou)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a vegetable peeler cut the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons or slices. Quarter, core, and stem the pears. Using a knife, slice into very thin strips. Place the carrot and pear slices in a large bowl with the chopped parsley.
- In a blender combine the white wine, curry powder, honey, salt, and pepper and blend to combine. With the machine running add the olive oil. Pour the dressing over the carrots and pears. Toss to combine and serve immediately.