1/1 Photo of Shaved Brussels Sprouts With Pancetta
Method of "shaving" found in Sunset Magazine, December 2006. Recipe loosley based on the one in the magazine. It tastes awesome!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g Brussels sprouts
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 226.79 g pancetta, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch wide strips
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 44.37-59.16 ml toasted & chopped cashews
- 59.14 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese or 59.14 ml freshly grated pecorino romano cheese or 59.14 ml freshly shaved asiago cheese
- 1Using a sharp knife or mandoline, thinly slice brussels sprouts crosswise, discarding root ends. (The "shaved" sprouts should resemble confetti.).
- 2Pour vegetable oil into a large pot over high heat; add pancetta and stir until slightly crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-high, add brussels sprouts, and cook, stirring often, until sprouts are bright green and tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Add salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, & cashews and toss to warm.
- 5Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or Pecorino Romano or Asiago cheese.
- 6Serve hot.
- 8*Use a fork stuck in the core end of the sprout to keep your fingers away from the blade.
- 9**To toast cashews put them on a baking sheet spread out, in a 350ºF oven for 10 minutes, & they will toast nicely.
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shaved Brussels Sprouts With Pancetta
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 92.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: