Recipe by mary winecoff
From Gourmet Today. A great fall salad that would be perfect for Thanksgiving. You can slice the Brussels Sprouts by hand or use an adjustable blade slicer.
Top Review by loof
Great recipe! I scaled it down to 2 servings, otherwise made just as directed. The walnuts and brussels sprouts are a great flavor combination. Next time I might add some crumbled crisp bacon. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely grated pecorino romano cheese (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Holding each Brussels sprout by stem end, cut into very thin slices using a mandoline or other adjustable blade slicer; discard stems. Transfer to a large bowl. Toss to separate leaves.
- Lightly crush walnuts with your hands. Add to Brussels sprouts, along with cheese, oil and lemon juice and toss to combine. Season with pepper.