Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Gourmet Today. A great fall salad that would be perfect for Thanksgiving. You can slice the Brussels Sprouts by hand or use an adjustable blade slicer.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely grated pecorino romano cheese (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Holding each Brussels sprout by stem end, cut into very thin slices using a mandoline or other adjustable blade slicer; discard stems. Transfer to a large bowl. Toss to separate leaves.
- Lightly crush walnuts with your hands. Add to Brussels sprouts, along with cheese, oil and lemon juice and toss to combine. Season with pepper.
Great recipe! I scaled it down to 2 servings, otherwise made just as directed. The walnuts and brussels sprouts are a great flavor combination. Next time I might add some crumbled crisp bacon. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
this is a nice change! was good for late winter, when fresh veggies are more limited and you are sick to death of soups stews and all the long cooked foods of winter. because it's what i had on hand, i used pecans, parmesan, and lemon pepper in place of the lemon juice. the raw brussels sprouts have a completely different flavor from when cooked. definitely will make again!
A must try - Brussel Sprouts are one of my favorites, but usually I steam them. Eating them raw, in place of cabbage slaw seems like the best way to expand my menu. This would also be great with grated apple added.