Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had a salad similar to this at Spring Street Natural Restaurant in Soho NY. It made quite an impression on me because I love brussels sprouts. I'm trying to replicate. They served their salad with croutons but I'm indifferent to croutons so I left them out, they also had chicken but you know, you just top your salad with whatever meat/protein you want.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, clean, remove tough outer leaves and shave thinly
- 1 large Granny Smith apples, clean, cut match stick size
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, cut into half
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces pecorino cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put brussels sprouts, apple, tomatoes in large bowl.
- Put vinegar, honey and oil in bottle with lid. Shake dressing to mix well.
- Pour dressing over vegetables, salt and pepper and toss well to coat.
- Let rest about 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with grated cheese at the table and enjoy.