1/1 Photo of Shaved Brussel Sprouts
Oliver & Fischer's Mommy's Note:
I know that brussel sprouts usually get a bad rap, but they truly are a delicious vegetable. Give this a try and it may change your outlook! They are tender, a little spicy, and slightly cheesy. All in all, a simple and flavorful side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Cut out the core of the brussel sprouts and shave (very thinly slice) them so that they look like thin ribbons.
- 22. Saute the brussel sprouts in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 33. Season with salt and pepper and add the crushed red pepper flakes.
- 44. Add the water and continue to cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until the brussel
- 5sprouts are tender.
- 65. Mix in the cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shaved Brussel Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 195.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.3 g