Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Tasty Kitchen
- 1 pre-made pizza crust
- extra virgin olive oil, For Drizzling The Dough
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 5 1⁄4 ounces weight boursin cheese (or Similar Herb And Garlic Spreadable Cheese)
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- If not already shaped, stretch your pizza dough into a large circle 12-16 inches in diameter and place on your pizza pan or stone. Drizzle dough with a thin stream of olive oil.
- Slice fresh mozzarella as thinly as possible and arrange in a single layer over dough.
- Using a vegetable peeler shave your asparagus into thin ribbons. Use the entire bunch, as you might only get 3 or 4 good ribbons from each spear. Pile asparagus shavings on top of the mozzarella. The asparagus WILL cook down so you want to use more than you think is necessary.
- Top asparagus with several cranks of black pepper and dot generously with Boursin cheese. (I tend to use 1/4-1/2 a package per pizza.).
- Bake on pizza stone or baking sheet for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before slicing and serving.
So good! I tossed the asparagus with a couple drops of lemon-flavored olive oil and sea salt before adding to the pizza.
This was good. The asparagus was a little difficult to shave so I ended up kinda splintering it. I grilled the pizza and tossed some wood pellets on the grill to give it a little bit of a smokey flavor. Made for ZWT 8 for The Fearless.