Recipe by talk
Top Review by AmyMCGS
DH & I liked these, especially the sauted onions/garlic on them. We used jalapenos instead of hot pepper relish, since that's what I had on hand. We both thought we'd like a spicy mustard better than the blue cheese on this particular sandwich, though. I served these with fries, using Texas Fries Texas Fries. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices turkey breast
- blue cheese, a smear
- hot pepper relish, Chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon summer savory
- salt and pepper
- 1 hoagie roll
Directions See How It's Made
- In hot skillet (I use wok), add oil and then onion and garlic. Add pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Add thyme or summer savory.
- Saute until onions are brown.
- Cut open hoagie roll and smear bleu cheese on one side. Add onion/garlic mixture on top of cheese. In the same wok (still hot), lay turkey slices around the sides long enough to heat. Turn and heat the other side. Pile turkey slices over onion/garlic mixture and top with pepper relish.
- More ground black pepper if you like. Top with hoagie top and enjoy! Tip: This is a fairly pungent sandwich packed full of flavor.
- A sprig of fresh parsley should take care of things afterwards.