This is my version of making Mrs Wages medium salsa for canning.
My Private Note
jars sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Get boiling water bath canner ready and boiling making sure water is at least 1 inch over tops of pint jars, get lids simmering but not boiling. Have clean and ready 6 pint jars and 1 half pint jar.
- 2In a separate pan combine 6 14oz cans tomatoes, Mrs Wages medium salsa package, vinegar and the chopped onion. Bring to a boil and then back down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- 3Using a ladle scoop out 2 ladles of salsa into a strainer over a bowl and drain salsa before adding to the pint jars. Drain all salsa before adding to the jars. Fill about 5 pint jars leaving 1" head space. Fill Half pint jars again leaving a 1" head space. Use a little of the left over salsa juice and add just a little to each jar. Add left over salsa juice to a separate pint jar. Wipe tops of jars before adding lids and screwing on the rings.
- 4Water bath can everything for 40 minutes as it says on the Mrs wages package directions.
- 5Listen to lids to pop when taken out of the canner and cooled.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sharon's Thick Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 862.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g