Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is my version of making Mrs Wages medium salsa for canning.
- Get boiling water bath canner ready and boiling making sure water is at least 1 inch over tops of pint jars, get lids simmering but not boiling. Have clean and ready 6 pint jars and 1 half pint jar.
- In a separate pan combine 6 14oz cans tomatoes, Mrs Wages medium salsa package, vinegar and the chopped onion. Bring to a boil and then back down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Using a ladle scoop out 2 ladles of salsa into a strainer over a bowl and drain salsa before adding to the pint jars. Drain all salsa before adding to the jars. Fill about 5 pint jars leaving 1" head space. Fill Half pint jars again leaving a 1" head space. Use a little of the left over salsa juice and add just a little to each jar. Add left over salsa juice to a separate pint jar. Wipe tops of jars before adding lids and screwing on the rings.
- Water bath can everything for 40 minutes as it says on the Mrs wages package directions.
- Listen to lids to pop when taken out of the canner and cooled.