Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are a tasty thin sugar cookie.
Make and share this Sharon's Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Cream the powdered sugar and margarine. Add the egg, vanilla and almond extract. Sift in the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Roll out on a flour surface to approx 1/2=1" thick. Cut your cookies out place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 min at 375 degrees.
These are very similar to the sugar cookies my grandma makes. I used butter instead of margarine since I don't buy margarine. These roll out very nicely and are sturdy enough to frost, even for the little ones. Mine were baked in 7 or 8 minutes, but I think its because they were a little thinner than suggested.