1/6 Photos of Sharon's Ono Barbecue Beef
8 hrs 15 mins
Judy from Hawaii's Note:
Ono is Hawaiian for tasty. My friend, Sharon, always takes this to potlucks at work. She also brings copies of the recipe because people always ask for it. I'm generally not a barbecue fan, but I really enjoy this recipe. It is great on buns or over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups catsup (preferably Heinz)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4-1/3 cup packed brown sugar (depending on taste)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Place chuck roast into a crock pot.
- 2Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- 3Pour barbecue sauce over meat.
- 4Cover& cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- 5Remove roast from crock pot& shred meat with two forks.
- 6Place shredded meat back into crock pot& stir to coat meat with sauce.
- 7Cook for 15 or 20 minutes with lid off on high to reduce sauce. (Lately, I have been transferring the sauce to a pot on the stove top & reducing it while I shred the meat. The other way will work, but the stove top is more efficient.).
- 8Note: Sharon recommends cutting back just a bit on the vinegar.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sharon's Ono Barbecue Beef
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 553.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid smoke flavoring