Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Maybe Sharon makes this for her little Fruitsnack!!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- celery salt, to taste
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- In large baggie, mix ¾ C flour and seasonings. Add chicken pieces a few at a time until all coated.
- Brown chicken in margarine.
- Place in baking dish, reserving drippings in pan.
- Drain fruit (keep 1 C syrup)and arrange fruit over chicken.
- Stir corn starch and sugar in drippings. Add 1 C syrup from pineapple and teriyaki sauce.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Spoon over meat.
- Cover and microwave on high 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
Well, I left out a major inredient: the pineapple! The kids were begging me to leave it off. They were eating the browned chicken out of the pan. I used the pineapple juice and make the sauce. It turned out great. My kids preferred it without the sauce. I used 2 1/4 lbs breast meat and there was no leftover margarine in the pan, so I added the sugar and cornstarch to the juice and teriyake b4 pouring in the pan. Easy to make. Thanks!