Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
As far as salsa goes this is the best I have made. Very fresh and flavourful with just the right amount of zip for me! I hope you enjoy!
- 4 quarts tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 8 -10 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce
- combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 4 hours.
- fill jars leaving 1/2inch headroom, process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.