Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is just dreamy creamy ... thanks Sharon G!!
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, split
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh onions
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed
- Cook chicken in butter. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Cook onion and garlic in drippings. Stir in cream, scraping up bits in pan. Mix in chilies. Simmer to slightly thicken.
- Return chicken to pan, turning in sauce.
- Sprinkle chicken with cheese (cover).
- Continue cooking on low until cheese is melted.
- Serve on tortillas, topped with sauce.
This was very easy and good. I took Bev's advice and sliced my chicken thin so I could roll it up in the tortilla. I thought it needed a little something else, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Overall a good weeknight recipe. Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom
This is a very good, quick meal! I did slice the chicken, but next time, I will cut them even smaller, maybe bite-size. I think I will also add more garlic, because we couldn't taste it at all. Thanks for a keeper!
This is wonderful! I made as directed. However, I do think the next time I make this recipe, I will slice the chicken breast thin, fajitas-style. I think this would allow the chicken to cook faster and also provide more sauce per bite of chicken. I also think by slicing the chicken into thin strips you would be able to roll your tortillas to eat the chicken. I will also serve this with sour cream, a freshly made tomato salsa, avocado slices or guacamole and extra shredded Monterey Jack cheese : ) Thank you, Hill Family, for an excellent supper tonight!