Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
So easy and to die for. Another cake mix spiffer! Sharon calls this cake a "doozy".
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lb caramel
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs and beat on Low speed for 2 minutes. Pour 2 cups of batter in greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish and bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Melt caramels, butter and sweetened condensed milk in saucepan over medium heat. Pour caramel mixture on cake as soon as it comes out of the oven and add rest of batter.
- Cook another 35-40 minutes. Frost with a chocolate frosting and serve.
My husband asked for a chocolate cake and I gave him that and more! He really is enjoying the cake. I gave some to my daughter and her boyfriend. So moist and yummy! Thanks! Made for Sweet Traditions game.
I made this for my mom's birthday and it was really good. It's a nice change to the regular plain chocolate cake. Great!!