Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Thanks Sharon for an awesome, very impressive looking and tasting appetizer!
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel brie cheese (chilled and with rind)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries (dried cranberries work too!)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the wheel of brie in half horizontally and separate the top half of the wheel from the bottom half.
- Sprinkle the bottom half of the brie with the dried cherries,toasted almonds, and brown sugar. Replace the top half of the brie and apply pressure to secure the stuffing.
- Working on a well-floured surface roll out the puff pastry so that it will fully cover the brie. Place the brie in the middle of the puff pastry and fold the excess pastry around the wheel.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the egg on top of the puff pastry and place the brie on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the pastry begins to turn golden brown, then turn the temperature down to 325 degrees F and bake for another 20 minutes. Serve on a pretty platter.
Was looking for something to serve company that didn't take a lot of time and this fit those requirements. But it's even better as it tasted great, warm, creamy, sweet and the little extra crunch from the almonds, a true winner in my book. I'll be keeping the ingredients for this one handy through the holiday season for drop in guest
This is the BEST!!! So easy but it looks and tastes like you spent a lot of time. I love it right from the oven when the cheese is all gooey and warm. Thanks for sharing.. and LOVE the name! ;-)