1/2 Photos of Sharon's Amazing Chicken Casserole
Sophie's Momma's Note:
This is my mother-in-law's recipe, and one of my husband's favorite meals! It is a warm and delicious comfort food casserole. Note: Using the blue package of Herb Seasoned Pepperidge Farm stuffing is a MUST! It sets up the whole flavor of the meal. If you are trying to clear out the cupboard or are unable to get the blue package, then you'll need to use two of the standard sized boxes (8 oz.) of stuffing, preferably herb seasoned.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm stuffing (herb seasoned-blue package, see note above)
- 1/2-1 cup butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream soup (celery, mushroom, chicken)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped (rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas or 2 cups frozen peas
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- 3Add dry stuffing, stir to coat evenly with butter.
- 4Layer 1/2 stuffing on bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 5In large bowl, combine evaporated milk, cream soups, and onion.
- 6Gently fold in peas and chicken.
- 7Pour chicken/soup mixture over stuffing in baking dish.
- 8Top with remaining stuffing.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbling in the middle.
- 10Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sharon's Amazing Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 1297.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 37.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: