Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
According to the recipe's author, you can substitute lamb if you can't find, or dislike, goat.
Make and share this Sharone Huey's Curried Goat recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless goat stewing meat, cut in 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 dash cayenne
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped (we call them green onions in Canada, btw, not scallions)
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed,seeded and minced
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed,seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a glass bowl, season the goat meat with the salt, pepper, cayenne and 1 tbsp of the curry powder.
- Add the garlic, scallions and onions.
- Set aside to marinate at room temp for at least 1 hour.
- Melt butter in a large cast-iron skillet over med heat.
- Scrape the seasonings off the goat and reserve.
- Brown the goat meat in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and saute for 3 minutes more.
- Add two cups of water and the reserved seasonings.
- Reduce the heat, cover pan, and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 tbsp curry powder, remove from heat, cover, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place raisins, coconut and peanuts in separate serving bowls as garnishes with the goat.
- Serve with boiled rice.