According to the recipe's author, you can substitute lamb if you can't find, or dislike, goat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless goat stewing meat, cut in 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 dash cayenne
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped (we call them green onions in Canada, btw, not scallions)
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed,seeded and minced
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed,seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1In a glass bowl, season the goat meat with the salt, pepper, cayenne and 1 tbsp of the curry powder.
- 2Add the garlic, scallions and onions.
- 3Set aside to marinate at room temp for at least 1 hour.
- 4Melt butter in a large cast-iron skillet over med heat.
- 5Scrape the seasonings off the goat and reserve.
- 6Brown the goat meat in the butter for 5 minutes.
- 7Add bell peppers and saute for 3 minutes more.
- 8Add two cups of water and the reserved seasonings.
- 9Reduce the heat, cover pan, and simmer for 40 minutes.
- 10Stir in remaining 1 tbsp curry powder, remove from heat, cover, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 11Place raisins, coconut and peanuts in separate serving bowls as garnishes with the goat.
- 12Serve with boiled rice.
Browse Our Top Caribbean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sharone Huey's Curried Goat
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.8
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 430.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless goat stewing meat