Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy, mostly healthy and delicious
Make and share this Sharlotka (Russian Apple Pie) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, and eggs, beat well .
- Core the apples and cut them into thin slices.
- Grease a pan and dust it lightly with flour.
- Arrange all apple slices on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the batter mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- May be served warm or at room temperature.
Good and classic, but two additions will improve results for most cooks: a pinch of salt (say 1/4 tsp) and a big thumb pinch of baking soda (say 1 tsp). YMMV.
beat eggs and sugar first, add flour bit by bit, baking soda
This is sooooooo divine! It's light and delicate and just amazing. Thanks for a new favorite!