Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sharla is my best friend's mom and every christmas she always gave us these cookies.
- 236.59 ml sweet butter
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cream of tartar
- ream butter & sugar together.
- Add egg.
- Mix dry ingredients, sifted once, add a little at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Roll into small balls about the size of a walnut.
- Flatten with fork or spoon (Optional: Sprinkle color sugar on top before baking for xmas colors, easter, 4th of July, etc.).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 mins or til lightly golden brown.