Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sharla is my best friend's mom and every christmas she always gave us these cookies.
Make and share this Sharla's Danish Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sweet butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ream butter & sugar together.
- Add egg.
- Mix dry ingredients, sifted once, add a little at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Roll into small balls about the size of a walnut.
- Flatten with fork or spoon (Optional: Sprinkle color sugar on top before baking for xmas colors, easter, 4th of July, etc.).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 mins or til lightly golden brown.