Chef #DBLEE's Note:
The dried shark fin price run around 150.00 and higher and I have seen the price up around 500.00 dollars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 gallons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 fresh ginger, chuck
- 6 ounces shark, fin dried, soak for 60 minutes and clean
- 1 cup dungeness crab
- 1 cup prawns, clean, deveined and minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- cornstarch roux
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 stalks green onions, sliced finely
- 1In a large stockpot add broth, salt, sugar, white pepper and ginger and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Remove the chuck of gingers.
- 4Taste the broth and re-season as needed.
- 5Add the shark fin and return back to a simmer. When the shark fin pieces are tender add in the crab meat and prawns.
- 6Bring to a boil and add soy sauce.
- 7Stir some cornstarch roux to thick the soup.
- 8Turn off the heat and stir in the beaten egg and green onion.
Browse Our Top Cantonese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shark Fin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (732 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.6
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 3192.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: