Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
The dried shark fin price run around 150.00 and higher and I have seen the price up around 500.00 dollars.
- 1 1⁄2 gallons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 fresh ginger, chuck
- 6 ounces shark, fin dried, soak for 60 minutes and clean
- 1 cup dungeness crab
- 1 cup prawns, clean, deveined and minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- cornstarch roux
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 stalks green onions, sliced finely
- In a large stockpot add broth, salt, sugar, white pepper and ginger and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chuck of gingers.
- Taste the broth and re-season as needed.
- Add the shark fin and return back to a simmer. When the shark fin pieces are tender add in the crab meat and prawns.
- Bring to a boil and add soy sauce.
- Stir some cornstarch roux to thick the soup.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the beaten egg and green onion.