Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe easily makes 2 great pineapple, coconut cakes. One for you and one for a friend. If you don't have a friend who likes pineapple and coconut, you can freeze the extra cake for up to 2 months.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla pudding mix, mixes
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped and sweetened
- 2 cups coconut, toasted
- Mix cake as directions say.
- Pour into 2 greased 13x9 baking pans.
- Bake at 350* for 15 minutes, or until done.
- Cool completely.
- In lg mixing bowl, mix pudding mixes, milk and coconut extract, beat 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese; beat well.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Spread over the cakes.
- Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with coconut.