Adapted from Time/Life Foods of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a bowl.
- 2Grate quinces into lemon water.
- 3Drain in a fine sieve, then wrap in a double thickness of cheesecloth and squeeze vigorously over bowl to wring out as much juice as possible.
- 4Discard pulp.
- 5Place sugar and remaining water in small, non-reactive saucepan.
- 6Bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- 7Increase heat to high and cook briskly, uncovered and undisturbed, 5 minutes, or until syrup reaches 220° on a candy thermometer.
- 8Add quince juice and remaining lemon juice.
- 9Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- 10Pour into a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- 11For each serving, pour 1/2 cup syrup into a tumbler.
- 12Add 1/2 cup cold water.
- 13Fill glass with crushed or shaved ice.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sharbate Beh (Quince Sherbet Drink)
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 83.7 g
- Protein 0.2 g