Recipe by CJAY
I found this on en.ljbc.net. I'm posting it for ZWT 6. North Africa. Note: vegetable ghee is called samn.
- 1⁄2 lb lamb, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable ghee
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 -3 tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- red pepper
- crushed dried mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion with meat in oil.
- Add parsley and saute until meat is brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, spices, and stir while sizzling.
- Add enough water to cover meat, simmer on medium heat until meat is cooked.
- Add more water if needed, and bring to a boil.
- Add orzo, simmer until cooked.
- Before serving, sprinkle crushed dried mint leaves, and squeeze fresh lemon juice to taste.
- More parsley can be added at the end when orzo is almost cooked to give fresher parsley flavor.
- Spices may be added to the meat while sauteing so it will absorb the salt and spices. Then add tomato and simmer longer for the tomato to be cooked in the oil.
- Sustitute chicken or beef for lamb.
- Add uncooked soaked chick peas with the meat.
- Add cilantro with the parsley.