I found this on en.ljbc.net. I'm posting it for ZWT 6. North Africa. Note: vegetable ghee is called samn.
My Private Note
bowls s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onion with meat in oil.
- 2Add parsley and saute until meat is brown.
- 3Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, spices, and stir while sizzling.
- 4Add enough water to cover meat, simmer on medium heat until meat is cooked.
- 5Add more water if needed, and bring to a boil.
- 6Add orzo, simmer until cooked.
- 7Before serving, sprinkle crushed dried mint leaves, and squeeze fresh lemon juice to taste.
- 9More parsley can be added at the end when orzo is almost cooked to give fresher parsley flavor.
- 10Spices may be added to the meat while sauteing so it will absorb the salt and spices. Then add tomato and simmer longer for the tomato to be cooked in the oil.
- 11Sustitute chicken or beef for lamb.
- 12Add uncooked soaked chick peas with the meat.
- 13Add cilantro with the parsley.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sharba Libya ( Libyan Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.5
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 60.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 12.0 g