Recipe by Miska
Will be trying the recipe this week, posted as-is from my favourite magazine - Shape!
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Delicious and simple! I used Splenda instead of sugar, and I marinated my shrimp for a while in the dressing before serving. The only change I would make next time (and this is not the fault of the recipe) is to use raw shrimp and cook them right before I marinate them. This was my first experience with shrimp that were pre-cooked and frozen, and they weren't too great. The recipe was lovely, though! Thanks for posting.
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 10 cups fresh torn spinach leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 small carrots, peeled and grated (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 lb cold cooked shrimp, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- For dressing, whisk together lime juice, sugar and fish sauce in a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Place spinach and carrots in a large salad bowl.
- Add half of dressing and toss to combine.
- Portion salad onto 4 dinner plates.
- Top with peanuts and shrimp.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over salads.
- Note: Round out the meal with sesame rice cakes and a dessert of honeydew melon balls tossed with maple syrup and chopped candied ginger.