1/2 Photos of Shape Magazine's Brown Rice, Oat and Cherry Custard
This is like a rice pudding meets custard meets healthy eating! It's from the Oct. Shape Mag. I finally made it last night. It's an awesome dessert but not too sweet. I replaced the brown sugar with a recipe supplied by jackieblue (#113825) which is Splenda for the amount of brown sugar plus 1/4 that amount of sugar free maple syrup mixed together. We also topped with a dollop of Cool Whip Free. Prep time doesn't include cooking rice, if you choose to do so.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Lightly coat 4 8 oz. custard cups with cooking spray and place in a deep roasting pan/casserole dish, leaving space around each cup for water.
- 3Spoon 1/4 of rice and oats into the bottom of each cup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 4In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla and milk.
- 5Gently pour over the rice and oats.
- 6Add 1/4 of dried cherries to each cup.
- 7Place pan on the middle oven rack.
- 8Pour very hot tap water into pan to about 2/3 of the way from the top of cups.
- 9Bake for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center of one custard comes out clean.
- 10Remove custards from water and set aside to cool to room temperature
- 11Serve warm or refrigerate for later use.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shape Magazine's Brown Rice, Oat and Cherry Custard
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.4
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 77.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: