Recipe by Noo
I found this recipe in a baking book that I borrowed from the library. This is a very simple recipe, but very yummy. The best thing is, that you can keep the dough in the fridge for a few days and just bake a few off each day--great for unexpected visitors or if you just fancy some warm freshly baked cookies!
Top Review by Katzen
These are awesome cookies! I made them pretty much exactly as the recipe stated, and got 24 cookies. They smell absolutely out of this world while baking! I used brown sugar for the muscovado sugar, and golden raisins. Walnuts were my nut of choice. DH just nipped back into the kitchen for a couple more cookies... and he doesn't normally do that! Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe, Noo! Made for 1-2-3 Hits.
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces granulated sugar
- 4 ounces light muscovado sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 ounces self raising flour
- 5 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 ounces chopped hazelnuts or 2 ounces walnuts
- 2 ounces raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4/180°C/350°F Line and grease two baking sheets. Put the butter and sugars in a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, chocolate chips, nuts and raisins and mix until just blended.
- Place teaspoonfuls of the dough, spaced well apart, onto the baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.