Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fast and tasty meal for those nights when you don't have a lot of time, yet want something hot and filling.Recipe adapted from great American cookbook. Feel free to dress it up or down.
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄2 lb fresh bean sprout
- 1⁄4 lb green onion, and tops cut into 1 & 1/2-inch lengths, separating whites from tops
- 1 tablespoon slivered fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- hot cooked noodles
- Cut chicken into narrow strips. Combine 1 tablespoons each cornstarch and soy sauce with sherry and garlic in small bowl; stir in chicken. Let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, blend water, remaining 1 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy sauce; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes; remove.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same pan; add bean sprouts, white parts of green onions and ginger; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, soy-sauce mixture, green onion tops and sesame seeds.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve immediately over noodles.