Recipe by Chef Shantal
A warm meal great for cold winter days. Spicy sausage gives it a nice kick. Mild sausage can be used, if preffered.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 6 -8 hot Italian sausage, sliced (I prefer Lilydale, hot italian turkey or beef sausage)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 6 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large soup pot, over medium heat, add white onion and celery. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add sliced sausage, cook until browned, about 5 minutes stir in flour, mix until smooth.
- Add chicken stock, green onions, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add potatoes, bring to medium boil, reduce to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Add cream, heat through.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese.