1 hr 5 mins
Chef Shantal's Note:
A warm meal great for cold winter days. Spicy sausage gives it a nice kick. Mild sausage can be used, if preffered.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 6 -8 hot Italian sausage, sliced (I prefer Lilydale, hot italian turkey or beef sausage)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 6 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Melt butter in large soup pot, over medium heat, add white onion and celery. Cook 5 minutes.
- 2Add sliced sausage, cook until browned, about 5 minutes stir in flour, mix until smooth.
- 3Add chicken stock, green onions, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- 4Add potatoes, bring to medium boil, reduce to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, 25-30 minutes.
- 5Add cream, heat through.
- 6Garnish with cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shan's Spicy Sausage Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1185.0
- Calories from Fat 778
- Total Fat 86.4 g
- Saturated Fat 44.2 g
- Cholesterol 245.8 mg
- Sodium 1850.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 41.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & pepper