1 hr 10 mins
I modified the original Chex Mix recipe to my own tastes. Not too salty, IMO, but still with decent flavor. Hope you like it. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic oil
- 3 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons your favorite seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 10 cups Chex cereal (or any ratio thereof) or 10 cups Crispix cereal (or any ratio thereof)
- 4 cups Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups peanuts or 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups your choice M&M's (recommend dark or pretzel)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2Mix melted butter, garlic oil, worchestershire sauce, seasoning salt, celery salt, and onion powder in a bowl.
- 3In roasting pan, mix cereals, nuts, and pretzels.
- 4Pour butter/spice mixture over cereals, and stir until cereals are coated.
- 5Cook for 1 hour, or until dry, stirring every 15 minutes.
- 6When cool, mix in raisins and m&m's.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shan's Happy Chex Mix
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.7
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.2 mg
- Sodium 463.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: