Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I modified the original Chex Mix recipe to my own tastes. Not too salty, IMO, but still with decent flavor. Hope you like it. ;)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic oil
- 3 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons your favorite seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 10 cups Chex cereal (or any ratio thereof) or 10 cups Crispix cereal (or any ratio thereof)
- 4 cups Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts or 1 1⁄2 cups cashews
- 1 1⁄2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups your choice M&M's (recommend dark or pretzel)
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix melted butter, garlic oil, worchestershire sauce, seasoning salt, celery salt, and onion powder in a bowl.
- In roasting pan, mix cereals, nuts, and pretzels.
- Pour butter/spice mixture over cereals, and stir until cereals are coated.
- Cook for 1 hour, or until dry, stirring every 15 minutes.
- When cool, mix in raisins and m&m's.
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before now! This is a staple for Christmas. I love Chex mix and this takes it one better. Thank you!