1/2 Photos of Shannon's Ultimate Zucchini Bran Muffins
Wicked Creations's Note:
I have search near and far to come close to my favorite muffins that I used to by next door to the corner Convenient Store..they were heaven but unfortunately, they closed doors. So now just by accident, combining two recipes inspirations-I found it!! Very close and very dense and flavorful. I also use this as a base for any bran muffin that I just add or take away. I have a sugar free and fat free version of this that I will post. I really enjoy them and I have had raves from my older neighbors who loved them as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml all-bran cereal (wheat flakes)
- 236.59 ml bran flakes (organic-the real deal)
- 118.29 ml Wheatena or 118.29 ml cracked wheat
- 236.59 ml Post Grape-Nuts cereal
- 59.14 ml wheat germ
- 354.88 ml dry low-fat buttermilk
- 3 egg whites
- 29.58 ml plain yogurt
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 118.29 ml brown sugar (packed)
- 78.07 ml honey
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml zucchini (shredded)
- 236.59 ml pecans (chopped)
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2Combine cereals, bran, wheat germ together. Pour prepared buttermilk over mixture and let it sit for five minutes in a large bowl.
- 3In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and set aside.
- 4Add egg whites, applesauce, brown sugar, honey, yogurt and vanilla extract to cereal mixture and mix.
- 5Add flour mixture to batter stirring til moistened.
- 6Add zucchini, pecans and raisins and thoroughly mix.
- 7Fill tins almost full--they will not raise much.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- 9Note: You can make this into a loaf but bake for 50-60 minutes instead.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shannon's Ultimate Zucchini Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.5
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 142.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Post Grape-Nuts cereal
dry low-fat buttermilk