Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this awesome fruit compote sugar-free to watch the waistline and for my hypoglycemia. This is great warmed up to put on toast, french toast, pancakes, oatmeal almost anything!!! I love it when I have time in the morning to make it when its the best but I usually have to make ahead and reserve it the next morning and nuking it. this is a great baseline and you can add anything you like!! These are guessestimates only due I just eyeball. I used different variations such as using Da'vinci surgar-free syrups, different fruits ie: bosc pears with raisins, cinnamon; coconut with bananas and macademia nuts.. use your imagination!! The baseline is like a caramel-like sauce that compliaments the fruit..yum!! Enjoy!! I do every morning-guilt-free!! If using pears, apples etc type of fruits, cooking time is longer-have to "boil" down to reduce the sauce to come to caramel-like taste (not consistency wise). .
- 1 banana (sliced width wise)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar substitute (granular-Altern the best)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- In a small bowl, mix sugar substitute and cinnamon til blended.
- Add water to sugar and cinnamon mixture (just eyeball). It will be frothy.
- Add vanilla extract and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt margarine. Add compote sauce to melted margarine. Let it bubble and reduce for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add banana and saute' in the sauce, it will thicken up by the starch of the banana. Stir occasionally.
- When sauce begins to thicken, add chopped walnuts to mixture and continue to stir. Do not let it sit.
- Stir slowly until sauce is thickening. Viola! You have Sugar-Free Compote!