Recipe by Shannon Holmes
I came up with this recipe because I had a craving for a decadent dessert but was on a diet then spotted a tub of cream cheese that wasn't going to be eaten and came up with this delicious trifle. Don't tell them it's good for them, they will never know :) Try it with blueberries.
Top Review by lauralie41
My dad loved this! I made it for Easter but did have a bit of a goof when making it. Didnt have the recipe with me when shopping and bought pudding to be cooked instead of instant. My pudding did not thicken so I added another box of cooked pudding. After chilling a few hours the pudding mixture did thicken a bit. Next time I made this I will buy one more angelfood cake to layer with.
- 1 package strawberry, washed,hulled,sliced
- artificial sweetener (I used the Wal-mart brand)
- 1⁄2-1 lemon, juiced
- x lemon, zest of
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1 package sugar free fat free French vanilla pudding and pie filling mix (I use the 4 serving size Wal-mart brand)
- artificial sweetener
- 1 sugar-free angel food cake, cut in slices and then into fourths (Wal-mart sells these)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of sweetener over sliced strawberries.
- Layer cake to cover bottom of serving dish or trifle bowl (half of the cake slices).
- Mix lemon juice, zest, milk, cream cheese, 1-2 teaspoons noncalorie sweetener and pudding mix together in large bowl with electric mixer.
- Cover cake slices with 1/2 of pudding mixture.
- Cover with 1/2 of strawberries.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Serve with fat free cool whip if desired.