Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love making this dish, and Mark even likes to eat it, although he doesn't like mushrooms. Try it ,you'll love it.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained,squeezed dry
- 2 -4 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned,sliced
- butter no stick cooking spray
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 2 dashes oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free parmesan cheese
- 9 no cook lasagna noodles, break 3 in half
- 3 (8 ounce) cansseasoned tomato sauce
- Spray a large skillet with no stick butter cooking spray.
- Saute the mushrooms until slightly cooked and juice is forming in the bottom of the pan.
- Drain the juice from the mushrooms and spray with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Pat dry.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl, except for noodles.
- Pour a small amount of sauce in a 8 by 8 by 8 or 9 by 9 by 9 casserole dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Arrange 2 whole noodles and 1 broken one in baking dish.
- Spread half of spinach mixture over noodles.
- Place two more whole noodles ans one broken one on top of spinach mixture.
- Top with a little more sauce.
- Spread remaining spinach mixture on top of noodles, and top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- You may not need all of the sauce, I used about 2 1/2 cans.
- Bake in oven preheated to 375 degrees, covering casserole with aluminum foil before placing in oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
Easy, yummy, makes a lot. Try it! I admit I substituted canned mushrooms and added a little bit more mozzarella.
This dish was so easy to make and very tasty!!!