Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
I personally have never eaten a pickled egg in my life. My husband on the other hand loves pickled eggs. I took a couple of different recipes for pickled eggs and came up with this one. It's a real hit with him and his family!
- 4 dozen hard-boiled eggs
- 4 cups vinegar
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 habanero peppers
- 7 jalapenos
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 5 dashes hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 3 pinches alum
- 4 tablespoons peppercorns
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 cups sliced carrots or 2 cups cauliflower (or both)
- boil everything except the eggs for about 15 minutes.
- put the eggs in a huge jar.
- pour the hot brine on top of the eggs.
- top off with hot water to completely cover the eggs.
- let sit in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.