Recipe by Chef Shannon #4
These are so tender. We always get compliments when we make these with the easy to make homemade sauce. I often have to quadruple the recipe!!
- 4 lbs pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season ribs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a large Dutch oven or kettle, place ribs and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain ribs, place on a rack in broiler or on a hot grill.
- Brush with sauce.
- Broil 5 inches from the heat for 5 minutes on each side, brushing frequently with sauce.