Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These are so tender. We always get compliments when we make these with the easy to make homemade sauce. I often have to quadruple the recipe!!
- 4 lbs pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Season ribs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a large Dutch oven or kettle, place ribs and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain ribs, place on a rack in broiler or on a hot grill.
- Brush with sauce.
- Broil 5 inches from the heat for 5 minutes on each side, brushing frequently with sauce.
These are finger lickin good! Got a definite thumbs up from the rib eaters in my family. Thanks for posting!
Nice tasting rib recipe. Simple to make. Thanks for posting.
Thank you, Chef Shannon!!! My family loved, and I do mean LOVED, this recipe. My son sat at the table with a towel draped over him and cleaned each rib, almost to the point of shining. They were so tasty, and easy to make. I think the exact words my son said were "Can we have these ribs everynight?" Thank you for an awesome, and easy recipe!!!!