Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend Shannon shared this with me when I expressed an interest in adding more legumes and vegetables to my life. Easy, versatile and incredibly delicious. Hope you like it as much as we did. It will be made often in our kitchen; oh and it's even better the next day for lunch.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 300 g pumpkin, diced
- 2 potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped (canned works too)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- Saute onion in a little oil until translucent.
- Add thyme, coriander and curry powder, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin, potatoes, tomatoes, tomato paste and lentils.
- Stir well then add water to just cover.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15mins or until vegetables and lentils are tender.
- Stir occaisonally, add water if needed.
- Add peas and simmer for another 5mins.
- Serve alone or with rice.
Simple to make, and very flavorful. Great way to use pumpkin. I've made this twice now--once for a homebound neighbor, and once for the family--and both times it's turned out great. The second time I followed the recipe more loosely and doubled it; the recipe proved to be very versatile. Thanks for posting!
Wonderful recipe, I made it last week and hubby didn't even notice that there was no meat until I told him when he was finished! Very hearty and filling. We loved it so much I'm making it again tonight!
This was lovely but I ended up not having the right herbs so I had to really sub. I know that it turned out different than it was supposed to, but what I ended up with was tasty. I also forgot to put in the peas. We thought the curry with the potatoes, pupkin and lentils were fab together. Served over brown rice and topped with a few drops of hot sauce. Thanks for posting, I would make this again (and look forward to having the right seasonings next time)