Recipe by MrsSPheonix
My friend Shannon shared this with me when I expressed an interest in adding more legumes and vegetables to my life. Easy, versatile and incredibly delicious. Hope you like it as much as we did. It will be made often in our kitchen; oh and it's even better the next day for lunch.
Top Review by Serah B.
Simple to make, and very flavorful. Great way to use pumpkin. I've made this twice now--once for a homebound neighbor, and once for the family--and both times it's turned out great. The second time I followed the recipe more loosely and doubled it; the recipe proved to be very versatile. Thanks for posting!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 300 g pumpkin, diced
- 2 potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped (canned works too)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in a little oil until translucent.
- Add thyme, coriander and curry powder, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin, potatoes, tomatoes, tomato paste and lentils.
- Stir well then add water to just cover.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15mins or until vegetables and lentils are tender.
- Stir occaisonally, add water if needed.
- Add peas and simmer for another 5mins.
- Serve alone or with rice.