Recipe by ShanChef
I love this risotto. It is my favorite pressure cooker recipe.
Top Review by kapusniak
This does not taste like mushrooms at all and it should be renamed to Risotto with Mushrooms, not Mushroom Risotte. Because the recipe does not call for simmering of mushrooms in broth first, the broth does not take on mushroom flavor, and it just takes on regular broth flavor. It's definitely edible and not half bad, but it definitely is not filled with goody and savory mushroom flavor.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In pressure cooker, simmer chopped onions in hot olive oil and butter for three minutes, stirring often. Do not brown.
- Add mushrooms and Arborio and stir constantly for additional minute.
- Add broth and wine; stir.
- Close lid and bring up to high pressure and cook for 7 minutes.
- Release pressure using cold-water release.
- Stir thoroughly, adding in grated Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.