Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
I love this risotto. It is my favorite pressure cooker recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- In pressure cooker, simmer chopped onions in hot olive oil and butter for three minutes, stirring often. Do not brown.
- Add mushrooms and Arborio and stir constantly for additional minute.
- Add broth and wine; stir.
- Close lid and bring up to high pressure and cook for 7 minutes.
- Release pressure using cold-water release.
- Stir thoroughly, adding in grated Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
This does not taste like mushrooms at all and it should be renamed to Risotto with Mushrooms, not Mushroom Risotte. Because the recipe does not call for simmering of mushrooms in broth first, the broth does not take on mushroom flavor, and it just takes on regular broth flavor. It's definitely edible and not half bad, but it definitely is not filled with goody and savory mushroom flavor.
I was abit leery to try this in the pressure cooker but it turned out way better than expected. I also like the fact that you don't have to babysit it like you do for most skillet versions. Awesome recipe, thanks for sharing.
My wife loves this dish and requests it often. I can take or leave mushrooms, if you know what I mean, but she loves them. It is easy, and absolutely delicious! Even our friend who doesn't care for mushrooms loves it. A staple at our house. A la Julia Child, I keep a bottle of white vermouth in the fridge for when recipes call for a little white wine as we are not otherwise big wine drinkers.