Recipe by CelestialShannon
I came up with recipe for a friend's party. Everybody loved them. I make them ahead of time and freeze them then defrost and throw into a crockpot with any type of spaghetti sauce.
Top Review by Merlot
What a great change of pace idea for meatballs. We loved the flavor of the picante sauce. Great seasonings. I froze half of it for later. Thanks for sharing this winner, Celestial Shannon.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 eggs
- 1 (39 ounce) jar Pace Picante Sauce (not salsa)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all together.
- You may need to add more potato flakes if needed.
- Make into mini meatballs and place in glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Freeze for individual use (like a sandwich) or freeze in large ziploc for party use. Reheat and serve with marinara sauce.