Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
I came up with recipe for a friend's party. Everybody loved them. I make them ahead of time and freeze them then defrost and throw into a crockpot with any type of spaghetti sauce.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 eggs
- 1 (39 ounce) jar Pace Picante Sauce (not salsa)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Mix all together.
- You may need to add more potato flakes if needed.
- Make into mini meatballs and place in glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Freeze for individual use (like a sandwich) or freeze in large ziploc for party use. Reheat and serve with marinara sauce.
What a great change of pace idea for meatballs. We loved the flavor of the picante sauce. Great seasonings. I froze half of it for later. Thanks for sharing this winner, Celestial Shannon.
Nice, but next time I will leave out the egg, does not seem to be needed to me. The other ingrediants seem to work as binders and the egg just adds colesterol... Thanks will try again with modifications...