Recipe by Shannon 24
I threw this together tonight, and it turned out really good! I was getting tired of omelettes and this fit the bill. I used veggies I had left in the fridge, but you could use whatever you like!
Top Review by Julie F
Used this as a basis for a frittata using up what I had in the house. It is an excellent recipe. I used cauliflower for my veggie, some leftover ham and cheddar cheese. I used 6 eggs, and it made 6 servings. Everyone thought it smelled wonderful while it was cooking. It is a perfect meal for me - easy prep, delicious and easy clean up! Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup ham, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop whatever ingredients you have.
- Heat oil in cast iron frying pan, I used 8".
- Saute hash browns, veggies and ham for about 10-15 minutes, on medium.
- Combine eggs, milk or water and spices (I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and cayenne pepper).
- Add egg mixture to hash browns.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook without stirring for about 10-15 minutes, or until the bottom is a nice golden colour and the top is still a bit watery.
- Top with cheese and put under broiler until cheese is melted and nicely browned.