Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Granddaughter Shannon lives in Italy and loves to cook for hubby & herself . They are both very busy and this is an easy & healthy salad.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- Wash spinach and spin dry.
- Into a large bowl combine spinach with scallions, tomatoes,.
- mushrooms and basil; toss lightly.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Spoon over salad, tossing lightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- and sprinkle with pine nuts.
I was visiting our daughter Shannon when she requested I search my recipe site to find a spinach salad recipe using the ingredients she had on hand when up came a recipe with her name on it. We used fresh basil from her garden and made exactly as written. Wonderful, enjoyed by everyone at the dinner party. Thanks for posting and thanks to your Shannon for a great recipe now a favorite of my Shannon.