Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this recipe because I wanted something that tasted like a dessert, yet was still good for me. My mom loves when I make this for her because she says it tastes just like the one from McDonald's.
- 3⁄4 cup slightly defrosted frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 8 fresh strawberries, sliced
- artificial sweetener
- 1 (6 ounce) container sugar-free non-fat vanilla yogurt (I use the Wal-mart brand)
- 2 tablespoons Grape-nuts cereal
- Sweeten strawberries and blueberries to taste with noncalorie sweetener (about 1 1/2 teaspoons on each).
- Layer half of blueberries in a wine goblet, half of yogurt, and then half of strawberries.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of Grape Nuts and repeat with remaining ingredients in another wine goblet.
- Sometimes I use cherry pie filling (the kind made with Splenda, of course) instead of strawberries.
This is very good. Tastes just like McDonalds Fruit and Yougart Parfait. I will be making this again. Thank you for posting this Shannon.
I'm a BIG fan of parfaits! I prefer Honey Bunches of Oats cereal over the Grape Nuts. The Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries makes it sooo good and you don't even need fresh strawberries!
I eat this all the time! I use plain non-fat yogurt instead of vanilla and use whatever fruits I have on hand. Grape-nuts are such a great crunch to it, alot better than the sweetened vanilla I think. This is a great snack or meal, I can't wait for summer to use fresh garden strawberries :)