Recipe by Shannon Holmes
I came up with this recipe because I wanted something that tasted like a dessert, yet was still good for me. My mom loves when I make this for her because she says it tastes just like the one from McDonald's.
- 3⁄4 cup slightly defrosted frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 8 fresh strawberries, sliced
- artificial sweetener
- 1 (6 ounce) container sugar-free non-fat vanilla yogurt (I use the Wal-mart brand)
- 2 tablespoons Grape-nuts cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Sweeten strawberries and blueberries to taste with noncalorie sweetener (about 1 1/2 teaspoons on each).
- Layer half of blueberries in a wine goblet, half of yogurt, and then half of strawberries.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of Grape Nuts and repeat with remaining ingredients in another wine goblet.
- Sometimes I use cherry pie filling (the kind made with Splenda, of course) instead of strawberries.