Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful curry flavor, for my firefighter husband, who is very particular about his curry!!
- 2 -3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk (Regular or Lite)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil (sliced)
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 6 chicken breasts, sliced into 2-inch long, 1/4 inch slices (boneless,skinless)
- 1⁄2-1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced thin, diagonally
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan or pot, warm coconut milk over medium high heat for 1 minute. Add in curry paste, using a whisk to completely dissolve curry paste.
- Bring to a slight boil, then turn heat down and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add basil, fish sauce, brown sugar, chicken stock, peas, onions, green onions, garlic, peppers and chicken. (If you like any other vegetables, add them here, like bamboo shoots, etc.).
- Bring to a slight boil again by turning up the heat, then simmer over medium heat 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring often.
- Serve with steaming Jasmine Rice (cooked with garlic salt instead of regular salt and a spoon of butter).
- Garnish with extra sliced green onion.
My family can be pickey, but they loved it. I think we will try it with shrimp next! Thanks for a great recipe!
Tried this recipe last night. It was GREAT! I've been wanting to try a curry recipe for some time, but this was the first that looked easy enough for me to actually be successfull! It came out great! I even used leftover ingreadiants to make a second batch so I can eat leftovers all week!